IMPORTANCE OF SEO IN DIGITAL MARKETING
Imagine an outlet without any signage, name, or anything particular about it. You would expect the people may visit it out of curiosity, probably inquiring about a completely different product, instead of the one that is being sold. Now imagine another outlet with a proper name and good signage on what it is and what it sells. This will attract the right customers that are interested in the products it sells.The first example looks like a website that hasn’t been optimized for search engines, and the second one relates to one that has been optimized.
The Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) involves improving a website that makes the user find the categories easy. SEO is a fundamental feature of Digital Marketing Services. This is a move towards customers in providing our business through online platforms. There are more than 13 billion online searches every month. With businesses becoming global and going online. If we take a segment of that 13 billion to our business, they are showing interest in exactly what you offer. To achieve this, and to retain the position it has to be in higher rankings in the search engines or search engine result page. If we maintain SEO good then the pages will be the first in SERP.
How it Works:
Search Engine will crawl the web pages content through software and this is not a human and it is text-driven engines. They follow a set of activities like crawling, storing indexing, retrieving, etc. The elements that are used to obtain the quality score like meta tags, page content, website names and URL’s, characteristics of Link. The search engines make use of algorithms and based on different factors they include the following:
- Inbound Links:The inbound link is a hyperlink placed on other websites that points to us or operates on your website. To rank the websites the search engines make use of inbound links. The websites providing inbound links to your website have high rankings with sizable traffic.
- Keyword density: Keyword density refers to the number of times a keyword appears on a given webpage or within a piece of content as a ratio or percentage of the overall word count. This is also sometimes referred to as keyword frequency, or the frequency with which a specific keyword appears on a webpage.
The whole cycle describes the following:
- Crawling: The web search engines make use of the crawler that crawls the website. The crawler doesn’t visit the page regularly if the page is updated or not once and for a month too and it also doesn’t check whether any new page is added. The web crawlers usually copy all the pages visited so that they can be later processed by a search engine.
- Indexing: The spider stores the indexed page in a giant database of the crawled content from where we can be retrieved upon entering the related keywords. Sometimes the search engine cannot understand the page content so we have to optimize the page and this cant be used by humans.
- Search Algorithms: The search engine algorithms are important and unique to every search engine just like keywords. A search engine algorithm has a set of rules that are used to define the importance of a web page. These rules determine whether the page is genuine or spam and it is providing relevant content to the users to have SERP. We have different types of algorithms like on-site, off-site algorithms.
- Retrieving: The results will be visible on the search page.
Typical Benefits of SEO:
- SEO targets quality traffic.
- SEO gets more likes than PPC.
- Better Conversion rates
- Built brand awareness.